You’re graduating! Few words mean more to high school seniors, future college grads, and postgraduate students. After years of early morning classes and late-night study sessions, cramming for midterms and finals, juggling work and family with the demands of school, and the many significant moments of the past few years, graduation time is a time to celebrate. Whether your graduation ceremony is just around the corner or still a few years away, follow these tips, courtesy of Dr. Maria Yazji Orthodontics, to get the best graduation pics ever:
1. Smile big. You’ve worked hard to get to this point. If you’re graduating high school, getting your college degree, or completing postgraduate study, you’ve got something to smile about. Sarah, 22, in Miami, wore her Invisalign® aligners to her graduation, since they’re clear and barely noticeable. Joel, 21, in Ft. Lauderdale, chose to take out his clear aligners for his graduation ceremony. With or without your removable Invisalign® aligners, say ‘cheese’ with a bright and happy smile for your graduation pictures.
2. Look your best. Your graduation day will be captured forever in photos. If you’ll be posting them online for family and friends to see or printing them out to frame, you’ll want to look great in your graduation pics. For Lisa, 23, in Miami, looking her best for graduation meant getting her hair done and having her sister do her makeup – and showing off her newly straight smile that she got with Invisalign® clear aligners.
3. Don’t miss out on a moment of your graduation day. Getting ready at home, walking across the stage, finding your guests outside afterwards, and maybe even having a graduation party that night, your big day will probably be jam-packed. It’s not the day you want any problems to come up. That’s why Rafael, 25, in Weston, was happy to be an Anywhere Orthodontics patient. When a problem with one of his aligners came up the morning of his graduation, he could upload an image of his teeth using his phone and communicate with his experienced Invisalign® orthodontist without having to go into the office. The convenience of Anywhere Orthodontics by Dr. Maria Yazji meant he didn’t have to miss a moment of his graduation ceremony.
4. Grab your friends for group photos. Sharing your big day with your friends and fellow grads can make it even more special. Study groups, group projects, clinical rotations – you’ve been there for each other. Take great photos with your friends that you can look back on together.
5. Take a picture for mom and dad. It’ll probably be framed and displayed prominently in the house. They’ll want one for their desk at work. They’ll want one to show their friends. Your graduation day is a celebration of your achievement, but it’s a proud day for your parents and other family members too. Take a picture for them to show off your accomplishment.
6. Be in the moment. Your graduation day can seem busy, stressful, hectic – but it also may be one of the most memorable days of your life. It’s the end of one era and the start of a new one in your life. Take time to appreciate everything that makes the day special, including every picture you take.
7. Take plenty of pics to make sure you get the perfect ones. Adrienne, 22, in Coral Gables, says she always has to take a few photos before choosing the best one to share with her friends on Instagram. She has to make sure the angles are right and the lighting is good. But ever since she completed her Invisalign® treatment in Miami, she knows that her smile will look perfect in every shot.
If you want a straight smile for your graduation photos, Invisalign® treatment and Anywhere Orthodontics from the offices of Dr. Maria Yazji Orthodontics may be a good option for you. Contact one of our three South Florida offices today for more information on Invisalign® clear aligners, or make an appointment for an Anywhere Orthodontics consultation with Dr. Yazji. Get a great smile and the best graduation pics ever with help from Dr. Maria Yazji Orthodontics.